Received: 28 September 2009 / Accepted: 4 December 2009 / Published online: 6 January 2010
Sports hernia (SH) is a controversial condition which presents
itself as chronic groin pain. It is responsible for signiWcant
time away from work and sports competition, with
an incidence of between 0.5 and 6.2% [1–3]. Groin injury is
common in soccer and ice hockey players, but SH can be
encountered in a variety of sports, and even in normally
physically active people [1, 3]. For this reason, we think
that it is more appropriate to speak of pubic inguinal pain
Over the past decade, the number of sports-related
injuries has increased as a function of increased athletic
activities, and the demand for an early return to work and
competitive sports puts pressure on the doctor for immediate
diagnosis and treatment [1–3].
The anatomy involved, diagnostic criteria and treatment
modalities are inconsistently described in the medical,
surgical and orthopaedic literature. In fact, there is no
evidence-based consensus available to guide the decisionmaking,
and most of the studies are level IV investigations
[1, 3, 4].
Click on the enclosure link for article
Why Advertise with us ?
We have a specific audience of over 600 Sports Physicians Radiologists and Surgeons all working in Sports Medicine the fastest growing medical speciality. Our clients include Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Celtic, Tottenham, Aston Villa, The FA, The RFU, The EIS, IMG.. please contact us using the tab above for our rates.
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (8)
- ► 2011 (29)
9 May - 16 May
- Pubic Inguinal Pain Syndrome - Sports Hernia ?
- The groin triangle: a patho-anatomical approach to...
- A systematic review of the literature on the effec...
- The inguinal release procedure for groin pain: ini...
- Adductor-related groin pain in recreational athlet...
- Adductor tenotomy: its role in the management of s...
- Minimal Repair technique of sportsmen's groin: an ...
- Resting thickness of transversus abdominis is decr...
- The short-term effects of high volume image guided...
- Favorable outcomes after sonographically guided in...
- ▼ 9 May - 16 May (10)
- ► 2009 (14)
- ► 2008 (28)