2011 Sainsbury's UK School Games Medical Officer Posts
The Sainsbury's UK Schools Games seeks to appoint medical and physiotherapy officers for the 2011 Games to be held in the host city of Sheffield, UK. The games will take place between 1st - 4th September 2011. Up to 2000 school age Elite & National squad athletes will compete in 10 sports in an accreditation only athlete village and multi-venue games.
Successful candidates will receive financial remuneration. Accommodation, subsistence and transport are provided during the games.
· To attend a multidisciplinary orientation meeting on Saturday 4th June 2011 to enable familiarisation prior to the games. Attendance is compulsory for successful applicants. Candidates who cannot make this meeting are advised to consider their application.
· To be available to provide medical cover services from the opening ceremony to the closing ceremony of the games inclusive: 1st - 4th September. Initial attendance, registration and subsequent stand-down at medical HQ will precede and succeed these times but are subject to final confirmation.
· To attend briefings, and complete roles and responsibilities of a medical team officer as would be expected in a multi-sport accreditation games. This will include set up, active medical care at venues and HQ, and stand down at the end of the games.
· To keep appropriate medical records.
1) Professional Experience & Qualifications
· Current full registration with respective professional representative body (GMC or equivalent)
· 5 years post qualification (Doctor)
· To hold a current and valid certificate in emergency care (REMO, PSITCC, ALS, or ATLS or equivalent)
· Professional indemnity with a recognised provider of medical insurance e.g. MDU, MPS
2) Sport Experience
§ To be able to demonstrate a regular clinical commitment to sports medicine. This work must include ‘pitch-side’ competition, training, competition phases as well as clinic based work.
§ Working knowledge and experience of the World Anti-Doping Agency Code and workings of UKAD.
· Working towards a postgraduate qualification (Diploma or Masters degree) in Sport and Exercise Medicine.
· 3 years working within sport.
· Experience across a diverse range of sports.
· Experience of having worked at a multi-sport Games/holding camps with either an NGB or in an HQ medical team officer capacity.
· Appropriate, relevant and competent clinical techniques and clinical reasoning skills that take into account both injury management and performance enhancement in age specific athletes.
· A team player with experience of effective working within a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Professional, flexible and conscientious approach to work with good communication skills.
· Ability to perform under pressure.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter briefly documenting essential and desirable criteria along with the contact details of 2 references, to Dr Luis Mendia, CMO, Sainsbury's UK School Games via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 11th February 2011. Short listed interview candidates will be contacted during the week beginning 14th February 2011 via email, confirmed by writing.
Interview dates: Interviews will be held in London on the 11th March 2011. Details of times will be released to successful applicants.
Interviews for short listed candidates will take place at the FastTrack Office, London. Any further enquiries should be directed to the above email or via the FastTrack telephone number 0207 593 5200. Unfortunately no alternative dates for interview will be offered.
Mandatory pre-games meeting: Saturday 4th June - Sheffield