Manchester United is one of the world’s most successful football clubs. We’ve won 18 League Championships, 3 European Cups and much more besides. With an estimated global support of 330 million (that’s 5% of the world’s population), it’s clear to see that we’re a great place to work.
We are searching for a Doctor on a self-employed consultancy basis from July 2010 to provide Sports Medical support to the Schoolboy Academy players (Under 9-16 Squads).
Reporting to the Club Doctor the successful applicant will be charged with the responsibility of delivering the Pre-participation Screening Programme and providing first-line support to Academy Physiotherapists for injury investigation/management and advising on health issues relevant to athletic training and development in an elite sporting environment.
The anticipated usual weekly commitment during the season is 2 x 2 hour sessions at Academy training venues (on Saturday mornings plus 1 early evening weekday session) for injury assessment/management and occasional screening medicals plus an additional small number of full/half days during the pre-season period when screening requirements are highest.
A degree of flexibility with regard to availability will be essential.
Applicants should possess a recognised qualification in Sports & Exercise Medicine together with broad clinical experience relevant to the role. Adequate medical indemnity cover is an essential requirement. Remuneration will be in accordance with current BMA rates for private Sports Medical/Occupational Health services.
Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory CRB Disclosure, references and medical check.
'An Equal Opportunities Employer'
Closing date: Friday 30 April 2010
Post Title: Academy Doctor
Rate of Pay: Self Employed Consultant
Accountable to: Club Doctor
To provide Sports Medical support to the Schoolboy Academy players (Under 9-16 Squads) at Manchester United Football Club.
Key Responsibilities The key responsibilities of the post are:-
1. To deliver the Pre-participation Screening Programme and providing first-line support to Academy Physiotherapists for injury investigation/management and advising on health issues relevant to athletic training and development in an elite sporting environment.
2. To liaise with other club physiotherapists, club doctor, club paramedical consultants and external healthcare professionals for the adequate provision of suitable medical care for the Manchester United Academy Playing Staff.
3. To liaise with football coaches and strength and conditioning coaches regarding the availability of players for football training, game selection, strength and conditioning programmes.
4. To ensure that full medical records are kept for all Manchester United Academy Playing Staff utilising the Club Medical Records system .
5. Attend relevant courses in order to ensure that a high standard of education is maintained and to keep a diary of continuing professional development.
6. The position will be based at the Trafford Training Centre, Carrington.
7. At all times strictly observe, conform to and comply with the rules, laws, regulations, bye-laws, orders, directions, requirements and decisions of the Football Association, Football Association Premier League Limited, Football League Limited, Lancashire Football Association, Manchester County Football Association and any other association, league or body of which Manchester United Football Club Limited may at any time be a member.
Identify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service. Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
To undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company’s Performance and Development Review Policy and to take personal responsibility to seek opportunities to develop yourself and to realise your own potential.
To assist with the provision of the training and development of colleagues as required.
Ensure effective communication within your work team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
Security / Stock Control
Ensure compliance with all of the Company’s security, stock control, loss prevention and key holder procedures.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies.
Hours of Work
As required. The anticipated usual weekly commitment during the season is 2 x 2 hour sessions at Academy training venues (on Saturday mornings plus 1 early evening weekday session) for injury assessment/management and occasional screening medicals plus an additional small number of full/half days during the pre-season period when screening requirements are highest.
This document is a guide only. The employee must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Club Doctor or Football Club Management from time to time.
To applyfor this position please click here
Why Advertise with us ?
We have a specific audience of over 600 Sports Physicians Radiologists and Surgeons all working in Sports Medicine the fastest growing medical speciality. Our clients include Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Celtic, Tottenham, Aston Villa, The FA, The RFU, The EIS, IMG.. please contact us using the tab above for our rates.
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (8)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ▼ 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (14)
- ► 2008 (28)