Sports & Exercise Medicine Physician
1. Provision of clinical sessions to Sports Surgery Clinic in the disciplines of:
• Acute Sports Injury including management of acute fracture
• Chronic Sports Injury
• Musculoskeletal assessment
• Sports and general health screening clinics
• Exercise Prescription and performance optimisation
2. Injury investigation (including radiological interpretation), management and rehabilitation.
3. Participation in regular in-service, research, audit and journal club meetings.
4. Participation in educational symposia arranged by SSC for other health professionals and the general public.
The frequency of such sessional input to be agreed with the Medical Director, but could be expected to amount to at least eight clinical sessions (morning, and or afternoon) per week.
The position requires the individual to work in close conjunction within an interdisciplinary team including Orthopaedics, Radiology, Physiotherapy, Cardiology and Respiratory Medicine.
Applicants must be of good standing on the IMC Medical Register. While Speciality recognition in SEM would be viewed favourably, previous experience working with a professional or elite sport is essential. A minimum requirement would be that the applicant:
• Hold a Postgraduate Diploma or MSc in Sport and Exercise Medicine
• Be a Member or Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
• Able to show evidence of ongoing CPD in SEM
• Hold appropriate medical indemnity insurance including Sport and Exercise Medicine
• Possess excellent communication as well as personal organisational skills.
Excellent remuneration package available for suitable candidate.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, 10 August 2010
ENGLAND U18 TEAM DOCTOR
The Rugby Football Union is looking to appoint a new team doctor to lead the medical care for the England U18 Rugby team.
The person appointed will have full responsibility for the medical care of the U18 England side during all training camps, tours and tournaments. A significant part of this role is to liaise with rugby and medical staff within the rugby academies and rugby playing schools to monitor the welfare of the England squad on a regular basis, for which excellent communication and personal organisation skills are essential.
Candidates must have:
* Full registration with the General Medical Council
* MSc or Diploma in Sport and Exercise Medicine
* Either JCPTGP Certificate/CCT in GP or CCT/CESR in SEM
* Fellowship of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (FFSEM) preferred
* Minimum 3 years substantial part-time or full time experience within elite level rugby union as a team doctor
* A reputation for clinical excellence in the field of rugby medicine
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills as a team leader
Our commitment to you: This is a fixed term, self-employed position for the period to 30 June 2012. The day rate for England duty is £395 and the post attracts an annual retainer of £10,000.
To apply: To arrange a confidential discussion about this post, please e-mail the RFU Head of Sports Medicine, Simon Kemp on email@example.com. For an information pack, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must submit your CV, with a covering letter, to Lynn Graco, Human Resources Department, Rugby House, Rugby Road, Twickenham, TW1 1DS, or email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 27 August 2010. Short- listed candidates will be notified no later than 4 September and interviews will be held on the morning of 13 September 2010 at Rugby House, Twickenham. The successful candidate would be expected to be available for …...
The Criminal Records Bureau enhanced disclosure process applies to this post.
Posted by Dr James Brown at 16:07
Why Advertise with us ?
We have a specific audience of over 600 Sports Physicians Radiologists and Surgeons all working in Sports Medicine the fastest growing medical speciality. Our clients include Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Celtic, Tottenham, Aston Villa, The FA, The RFU, The EIS, IMG.. please contact us using the tab above for our rates.
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (8)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ▼ 8 August - 15 August (2)
- ► 2009 (14)
- ► 2008 (28)