Sports & Exercise Medicine Physician
1. Provision of clinical sessions to Sports Surgery Clinic in the disciplines of:
• Acute Sports Injury including management of acute fracture
• Chronic Sports Injury
• Musculoskeletal assessment
• Sports and general health screening clinics
• Exercise Prescription and performance optimisation
2. Injury investigation (including radiological interpretation), management and rehabilitation.
3. Participation in regular in-service, research, audit and journal club meetings.
4. Participation in educational symposia arranged by SSC for other health professionals and the general public.
The frequency of such sessional input to be agreed with the Medical Director, but could be expected to amount to at least eight clinical sessions (morning, and or afternoon) per week.
The position requires the individual to work in close conjunction within an interdisciplinary team including Orthopaedics, Radiology, Physiotherapy, Cardiology and Respiratory Medicine.
Applicants must be of good standing on the IMC Medical Register. While Speciality recognition in SEM would be viewed favourably, previous experience working with a professional or elite sport is essential. A minimum requirement would be that the applicant:
• Hold a Postgraduate Diploma or MSc in Sport and Exercise Medicine
• Be a Member or Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
• Able to show evidence of ongoing CPD in SEM
• Hold appropriate medical indemnity insurance including Sport and Exercise Medicine
• Possess excellent communication as well as personal organisational skills.
Excellent remuneration package available for suitable candidate.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Why Advertise with us ?
We have a specific audience of over 600 Sports Physicians Radiologists and Surgeons all working in Sports Medicine the fastest growing medical speciality. Our clients include Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Celtic, Tottenham, Aston Villa, The FA, The RFU, The EIS, IMG.. please contact us using the tab above for our rates.
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (8)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ▼ 8 August - 15 August (2)
- ► 2009 (14)
- ► 2008 (28)