THE ENGLISH INSTITUTE OF SPORT
WANT TO WORK WITH THE BEST?
At the EIS we think of ourselves as the team behind the team and deliver a range of performance impacting sport science and sport medicine services to over 40 Olympic and Paralympic sports along with a select number of non-Olympic sports, including Premier League Football, Premiership Rugby Union, Rugby League and Cricket.
The services we provide aim to deliver performance improvements and are guided by the technical programme needs of Performance Directors, coaches and athletes. The mix of practitioners we select to work with a sport is based on delivering the precise blend of skills and expertise to meet these requirements and contribute to performance improvements.
There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the team behind the team with the role of science, medicine and technology so key in achieving medal targets.
SENIOR SPORTS PHYSICIAN
Based at Sportcity, Manchester
Salary: £90,900 - £93,425 p.a. pro rata
Hours: 15 hours per week
(This post would suit someone who has recently achieved specialist registration or who were within 6 months of doing so).
The post holder will contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of the English Institute of Sport through:
· Co-ordinating and managing the implementation, development and delivery of medical services and facilities for World Class Programme athletes from identified locations and at training venues and camps around the country and overseas as appropriate.
· Contributing to a continuous professional development programme that ensures the service positively impacts on performance outcomes.
· Delivering the clinical services to world class athletes for the North West Region.
· To work with British Para-swimming to oversee the medical care of all funded athletes and to work on innovative projects with the sport to maximise sports performance.
You should have:
· Full registration with the GMC (or equivalent).
· Higher specialist training recognised by the GMC (or equivalent) in either Sport & Exercise Medicine or Rheumatology & Rehabilitation, or be within 6 months or Specialist registration.
· A post graduate qualification in Sports (and Exercise) Medicine at Diploma level or equivalent with verifiable clinical training in sports medicine.
· Training and at least two years of experience in General Practice.
· Medical defence (MDU, MPS, MDDUS) or suitable other.
· Member or Fellow of Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (FSEM).
· A current advanced life support qualification from a recognised organisation.
· Medical indemnity cover at a level appropriate for this role.
· Extensive experience in the provision of medical services to elite athletes and coaches. This experience should include extensive work with national teams and their athletes.
YOU MAY APPLY VIA
Email: email@example.com. Please quote job ref: SCE82.13
PLEASE INCLUDE: CV, DETAILS OF CURRENT REMUNERATION, RELEVANT CONTACT DETAILS AND A COVERING LETTER OUTLINING WHY YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE THE PERSON FOR THIS ROLE.
Closing date: 24th June 2013 @ 1pm GMT
Interview date: 2nd July 2013
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THESE AND ALL CURRENT VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT
As an equal opportunity employer, EIS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.