Anglia Community Enterprise (ACE) Colchester Area
Salary £74,505 per annum pro rata
An opportunity has arisen for a 6 month fixed term position with the possibility for extending the arrangement. Locum or secondment opportunity.
There are 4-6 sessions per week and consideration will be given to applicants who wish to work all or some of the sessions.
The physician (s) will be required:-
- To work as part to the Tier 2 Musculoskeletal service within ACE along with the existing physician
- To receive referrals from other Health Professionals (primarily General Practitioners) regarding patients with musculoskeletal and/or exercise/activity-related problems.
- To provide a high standard consultation, investigation, diagnosis and treatment service for such patients
- To communicate with the patients General Practitioner
- To advise the referral and booking service where problems arise triaging patients with musculoskeletal problems.
- To see patients with knee
- To maintain spreadsheets for audit purposes.
- X Ray, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, Pathology and all usual investigative facilities are available
- Facilities for joint and soft tissue injection available.
- Links with ACE and Colchester Hospital Physiotherapy services and links with ACE podiatry service are in place.
- All consultations will be recorded on Systm1
- Secretarial support is provided.
The successful candidate(s) is likely to have -
- Higher qualifications and experience in Sport and Exercise or Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Considerable practical experience in Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Ability to perform joint and soft tissue injections
- Ability to record consultations on an IT system.
For more information please contact Dr Peter Skew 01255 201605 (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org