Aldershot Town Football Club is seeking an experienced sports and exercise physician for a part-time position as Team Physician.
The successful applicant will be required to provide SEM support to the 1ST Team, Reserves and Academy players, have excellent clinical assessment and treatment skills, communication skills, and a strong work ethic.
Previous experience working with a professional Football team would be advantageous. The position requires the individual to work in close conjunction within an inter-disciplinary team including an excellent experienced Physiotherapist and ‘Strength and Conditioning’ Coach.
Responsibilities will include:
a. Regular interaction with the medical team members and communication with CEO and 1st Team Manager.
b. To provide Emergency Pitch-side cover for all Home Games
c. Diagnose and treat injuries.
d. Liaise with External Medical agencies.
e. Perform Pre-signing Medicals.
f. Health Screening of Players.
g. Instrumental in developing Medical Policy and procedures.
The successful applicant must:
1. Be of good standing on the GMC GP Register, or the GMC Specialist Register
2. Hold a Postgraduate Diploma or MSc in Sport and Exercise Medicine
3. Be a Member or Fellow of the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine
4. Have previous experience as a team doctor within Professional sport, preferably football.
5. Able to show evidence of ongoing CPD, in accordance with the FA Rules, and annual medical appraisal in the major speciality of their work portfolio
6. To be in-date for a pitch-side immediate trauma care course (FA Resuscitation + Emergency Aid Certification or equivalent)
7. Hold appropriate medical indemnity insurance including Sport and Exercise Medicine
8. Possess excellent communication as well as personal organisational
All interested parties should submit a cover letter briefly explaining
their suitability for this position and return electronically along
with an electronic copy of your CV by 30 June 2010 to:
Aldershot Town Football Club
The Recreation Ground
Club Telephone: 01252 320211
Fax 01252 324347
Aldershot Town Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is
committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The
club expects all staff to share this commitment.
Thursday, 17 June 2010
Why Advertise with us ?
We have a specific audience of over 600 Sports Physicians Radiologists and Surgeons all working in Sports Medicine the fastest growing medical speciality. Our clients include Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Celtic, Tottenham, Aston Villa, The FA, The RFU, The EIS, IMG.. please contact us using the tab above for our rates.
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (8)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ▼ 13 June - 20 June (3)
- ► 2009 (14)
- ► 2008 (28)