Job Title: DOCTOR FOR MENS ENGLAND UNDER 21 TEAM
Reports To: TEAM MANAGER AND COACH HEAD OF MEDICAL SERVICES ITINERANT STAFF
Job Purpose: To co-ordinate and deliver medical support for the England Men’s U-21 International Team.
The role involves liaison and rapport with England Team Management, Coaching and Support Staff, in addition to the FA Medical Department..
• Assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of players both on and off the field
• Liaise and report on injury status to Physiotherapists/Doctors at individual Clubs
• Lead in the management of medical emergencies
• Maintain and regulate player medical records in accordance with professional guidelines
• Responsibility for maintaining, and preparing Medical and First Aid equipment on pitch side,
Dressing Room and hotel/accommodation
• To prepare and deliver, on occasion, medical presentations to players and coaching staff to
enhance education and awareness of common medical problems
• Continually review and appraise best medical practice with regard to medical care of
• Establish and maintain close liaison links with football club medical and physiotherapy staff
• Help to maintain close links with various departments(e.g. educational/CPD) within the FA and
the English Institute of Sport
• Act as a conduit between the various agencies both within and without the FA on medical and
Jobs Reporting Into The Job Holder: Physiotherapist, Itinerant Staff (masseurs, osteopaths, podiatrist) working with team
To monitor, co-ordinate and deliver medical support to the under-21 England Men’s Team, at various training camps, and at tournaments such as the FIFA World Cup, and UEFA European Championship.
To liaise with medical and physiotherapy staff at Premiership and Football League Clubs regarding players, and to assist staff at the FA, and at clubs with sourcing best practice
To contribute to the contents of an FA Medical and Exercise Science Department Internet Website
Enhanced CRB Check Required: YES
Key Internal Relationships
Senior management and coaching staff of the England Men’s U-21 Team
Other itinerant staff with that team
Head of Medical Services
Head Physiotherapist to England Senior Men’s Team
Head of Club England Operations
Key External Relationships
Premiership and Football League Clubs Medical and Physiotherapy Staff
UK Sport Anti-doping unit
WHAT IS NEEDED TO CARRY OUT THE ROLE?
Person Specification (Key Skills And Experience Required):
Must be a Medical Practitioner registered and licenced to practise in the U.K.
Must have Experience of working in Football at a high level
Must have an in-depth knowledge of
Profiling and screening of players
Injury prevention strategies
Injury management and cutting edge practices
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to understand different cultures of medical care at different football clubs and accommodate this when delivering care in this role
Ability to liaise with Club England staff outside of the medical team
Please note that this role requires the successful candidate to undergo an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
For an informal discussion about the role
please contact Dr Ian Beasley Head of Medical Services The FA, 08440 980 8200, 07956466724
Tuesday, 29 September 2009
Why Advertise with us ?
We have a specific audience of over 600 Sports Physicians Radiologists and Surgeons all working in Sports Medicine the fastest growing medical speciality. Our clients include Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Celtic, Tottenham, Aston Villa, The FA, The RFU, The EIS, IMG.. please contact us using the tab above for our rates.
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (8)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (51)
- ▼ 2009 (14)
- ► 2008 (28)