Open Sports Medicine is a web blog aimed at bringing together current and relevant articles from the Sports Medicine literature and from Surgeons, Physicians and Rehabilitation Specialists internationally.
You will see RSS links to the most common journals in SEM on the right of the screen and at the bottom pre prepared pub med searches of common injuries and links to latest research articles. These will all automatically update.
I am looking for some volunteers from the SEM community to become regular contributors to this blog.
Extract taken from BMJ Article on Web 2.0
The more we use, share, and exchange information on the web in a continual loop of analysis and refinement, the more open and creative the platform becomes; hence, the more useful it is in our work. What seems clear is that Web 2.0 brings people together in a more dynamic, interactive space. This new generation of internet services and devices—often referred to as social software—can be leveraged to enrich our web experience, as information is continually requested, consumed, and reinterpreted. The new environment features a highly connected digital network of practitioners (medical or otherwise), where knowledge exchange is not limited or controlled by private interests. For me, the promise of open access in Web 2.0—freed of publishing barriers and multinational interests—is especially compelling.
Monday, 29 January 2007
Why Advertise with us ?
We have a specific audience of over 600 Sports Physicians Radiologists and Surgeons all working in Sports Medicine the fastest growing medical speciality. Our clients include Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Celtic, Tottenham, Aston Villa, The FA, The RFU, The EIS, IMG.. please contact us using the tab above for our rates.
- ► 2013 (15)
- ► 2012 (8)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (14)
- ► 2008 (28)
28 January - 4 February
- Hamstring Injury Site predicts return to sport
- Influence of a custom foot orthotic intervention o...
- The Role of Core Stability in Athletic Function
- Intra-articular injection of a nutritive mixture s...
- Evaluation and Treatment of Acromioclavicular Join...
- Web 2.0 and the Concept of Open Sports Medicine
- Surgical Treatment of Tarsal Navicular Stress Frac...
- Operative Treatment of Stress Fractures of the Met...
- Pars Interarticularis Stress Lesions in the Lumbar...
- Mouthguards in Sport Activities: History, Physical...
- ACLD - In the Skeletally Immature
- ▼ 28 January - 4 February (11)